something up the ladies' sleeves

The ladies in the house are up to something.

My mum has been trying to get me to participate in activities by her religious society. There was once she tricked me into going to an event of the society. Well, actually I knew she was up to something to do with the society but I decided to be a good son and just pretend to not know anything and answer her call.

But this time seems different from last time. My sister is taking actions on behalf of my mum. She came to my work area and ask me to go for breakfast with mum and her tomorrow.

It is unlikely to be about the society since my sister is a lot more non-supportive than me with regards to the society's activities.

My gut feeling tells me that they are going to do match-making for me this time.

So I have reached this stage after all.

Leave a Reply